The HPV vaccine (GARDASIL®9) is provided free to girls and boys in Grade 6.
The HPV vaccine is also provided free to:
- Boys (born in 2006 or later) and girls who were not immunized in Grade 6, if they start their vaccine series before their 19th birthday and complete it before their 26th birthday
- HIV positive individuals 9–26 years of age
- Transgender individuals 9–26 years of age
- Men 9–26 years of age who:
- have sex with other men
- are not yet sexually active but are questioning their sexual orientation
- are street involved
- Boys 9–18 years of age in the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD)
- Some boys and men under specific conditions may also be eligible
For complete & up-to-date information, please consult the Immunize BC website.