HPV vaccination is offered for free to girls and boys in Grade 4 (GARDASIL®9) and Secondary 3 (Different vaccine brand) under the Quebec Immunization Program’s immunization schedule.
The following people can also be vaccinated against HPV infections free of charge:
- Girls aged 9 to 17
- In Grade 4 of primary school or who have done Grade 4 since 2016–2017
- Aged 9 to 13 who are at risk of exposure to HPV
- In Secondary 3, when their immunization status is updated
- Aged 9 to 17 who attend rehabilitation centres for youth in difficulty, who are under youth protection services or who are homeless
- People aged 26 or under who:
- Have a weakened immune system
- Are infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Men aged 26 or under who have or plan to have sex with men
For complete & up-to-date information, please consult the Gouvernement du Québec website.